WordPress Upgrades And Additions
Need Extra Functionality?
WordPress can literally run your business, or it can be your business. Examples of the sorts of things which can be added onto your website are:
Directories - we can create Directories for you (which means you can charge people to be included in your specialist Directory).
Booking forms and calendars - from booking and taking payment for a single booking such as a consultation, through to managing the bookings for your salon.
Forms to onboard clients, gather information, take surveys, and 'Pizza Builder' purchase options all linked up to a shopping cart.
Lesson delivery through Lesson Delivery Systems (LDS)
Guest blogging integration
You may be surprised by what WordPress can do - just ask and we can discuss the options with you.
WordPress Website Redesign Or WordPress Theme Change
The key to a successful theme change isn't actually the new look or functions. The critical point to changing your theme is to protect all the links to your pages and posts that are already out on the internet through social media, business cards or other marketing material and any SEO juice or backlinks you have already earned.
Our processes do this for you as well as creating a new look, feel and functionality.
Styles, Branding And Business Change
There are many reasons you may want to update the design of your WordPress Website. Technology evolves, your business and branding develop or you may want to add new functionality.
How We Work
Sometimes we can work with your existing WordPress theme and other times, we may need to upgrade for you.
We only work with premium themes and as a rule of thumb, we work only with themes and page builders where they are not driven by shortcodes.
(The majority of WordPress Themes you find on sales sites such as Theme Forest are shortcode driven and they can look fantastic but as soon as there is a conflict and a problem with the theme you can end up with a page full of unreadable gobbledygook.)
It is critical your existing analytics, SEO factors and existing content are protected and we have strict procedures in place.
Changing a WordPress Theme isn't usually as simple as uploading a new theme and turning it on. It can be, and if that's the case for you, then we'll tell you.
Aside from configuring the new theme and stripping out any redundant coding, a Theme change often happens in conjunction with removing redundant pages, optimising images and creating templates to help you keep a consistent look to your WordPress Website moving forwards.
Before we even think about doing any work on your site, these tasks are essential:
- Full audit to establish base line data of the existing site for speed and other boring but essential functionality criteria.
- Create a staging site to develop your new site - this means your website will remain visible to visitors while we create the replacement. We can put up a temporary site/page if you wish.
- Take full back ups and clone your existing WordPress Website
- Protect Sidebar data, configuration and layout.
- Record Taxonomy
- Protect existing metrics and analytics
- Check for broken links
- Ensure existing optimisation and SEO efforts are maintained
- Test existing plugins for usability and compatibility with new theme
- Rebuild site
- Rebuild and submit Sitemap
- Carry out the pre-launch checklist
- Launch site
- Monitor for 30 days and retest for speed and performance and conversions.